Africa Infrastructure Development Association (AfIDA) is an association of project developers and investors in Africa, that advances the development of bankable projects on the continent.
Pioneer members of Afida include AFC, AIIM, BlackRhino, DEG, Eleqtra, FMO, Harith, IFC, InfraCo Africa, Themis, and Trinity International.
Afida will be launched at AIX: Power & Renewables in London on 21-22 November. A panel discussion at the meeting will focus on AfIDA’s objectives:
- Developing guidelines and industry standards to govern project development.
- Providing pro-forma templates for basic agreements between stakeholders.
- Assisting regulatory authorities in formulating policy.
- Enhancing capacity building in the industry through training, professional development and knowledge sharing.
- Improving transparency through information and knowledge sharing and dialogue between members.
Oliver Andrews, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer, Africa Finance Corporation
Paul Biggs, Senior Partner, Trinity International
Gad Cohen, Chief Executive Officer, eleQtra
Elvira Eurlings, Director Energy, FMO
The launch of AfIDA will also be marked by an evening reception at RSA House on 21 November, where AFC CEO Andrew Alli will deliver a keynote.
For more information about Afida contact Osaruyi Orobosa.