AIX: Gas 2016
Africa Investment Exchange – AIX: Gas was a two-day meeting at RSA House, London, 28 to 29 April 2016
Sponsored by Actis, Denham Capital and Endeavor Energy, AIX: Gas focused on bringing upstream and LNG players together with power sector and downstream developers and investors for a frank discussion of project opportunities and investment issues affecting all stakeholders across the gas sector.
Co-produced by African Energy, proceedings were held under the Chatham House Rule, and structured round panel-led discussions and roundtables to facilitate dialogue.
Agenda highlights included
Abdellaziz El Gamah, Senior Advisor to Morocco’s Minister of Energy, Mining, Water & Environment providing an exclusive update on Morocco’s LNG import plans and new generation of CCGT power plants.
A look at the Azura project led by members of the developing consortium, including Crispin Holliday of Aldwych International.
Insights on the Egyptian market from Tarek Shalaby of Edison and CbI’s John Hamilton.
John Smelcer, Head of Oil & Gas Sector Group, Webber Wentzel discussing South Africa’s LNG to power programme.
A discussion on getting gas to market with Jay Bhattacherjee, Chief Executive Officer, Aminex, Kevin Foo, Chairman, Victoria Oil & Gas, Ezekiel Adesina, Senior Business & Strategy Analyst Nigeria LNG and Rogers Beall, Exec Chairman, Fortesa International Senegal.
Insights from investors and project finances including – Actis, AIIM, FMFM, IFC, Opic and Société Générale.
- Abdelaziz El Gamah, Senior Advisor to the Minister, Ministry of Energy, Mining, Water & Environment, Morocco
- Kishan Pillay, head of oil & gas, Department of Trade & Industry, South Africa
- Phillip Ihenacho, Chief Executive Officer, Seven Energy
- Matty Vengerik, Chief Executive Officer, Quantum Power
- Kweku Awotwi, Principal, Africa Power Systems Management
- Akinwole Omoboriowo II, Chief Executive Officer, Genesis Energy
- Tarek Shalaby, Commercial and Business Development Manager, Edison International
- Deepak Khilnani, Chairman, Powergas Africa
- Adrian Mucalov, Director Energy, Actis
- Sola Lawson, Regional Director, AIIM
- Steven Mandel, Vice President, Power, Denham Capital
- David Calaca, Senior Investment Manager, Pembani Remgro
- Alaa Alessa, Chief Investment Officer, Endeavor Energy
- Jay Bhattacherjee, Chief Executive Officer, Aminex
- William Chiume, Senior Commercial Manager, Ophir Energy
- Kevin Foo, Chairman, Victoria Oil & Gas Plc
- Kevin Hart, CEO, Bowleven
- Crispin Holliday, Commercial Director, Aldwych International
- Mohamed Saied, GM Electrical Engineering Dept, Abu Qir Fertilizers & Chemical Industries Company
- John Smelcer, Head of Oil & Gas Sector Group, Webber Wentzel
- Juan Rhodes Laso, Portfolio Management Analyst, gasNatural Fenosa
- Karim Chaouche, Vice-President LNG Portfolio Development, Gas & Power, Total
- Kjell Olav Halsen, Senior Business Development Manager, Höegh LNG
- Federico Sanz, Commercial Gas/LNG Deputy Director, Repsol
- Steve Brann, Investment Manager, Vitol
- Paul Kunert, Director, Havergate Infrastructure
- Frederik Smits van Oyen, Business Development Manager, Cheniere Energy
- Ignacio de Calonje, Principal Investment Officer Oil, Gas & Mining, IFC
- Lynn Tabernacki, Managing Director; Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Issam Badri, Director – Energy & Infrastructure, Société Générale
- Bart Dujczynski, Director, Kulczyk Investments
- Pierre Raillard, Oil & Gas Infrastructure Specialist
Abu Qir Fertilizers & Chemical Industries Company, Aldwych International, Africa Power Corporation, Africa Power Systems Management, CETEnergy, Contour Global, Endeavor Energy, Engie, Gasol, GE, Genesis Energy, InterGen, Marubeni, Mitsui, Powergas Africa, Quantum Power, Siemens, Wartsila
Finance and investment
Actis, AIIM, Denham Capital, Frontier Markets Fund Managers, Helios Investment Partners, IFC, Kulczyk Investments, London Stock Exchange, Nedbank, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Pembani Remgro, Société Générale, Standard Chartered Bank
Oil and gas sector
Africa Fortesa Corporation, Aminex, Bowleven, Cheniere Energy, Dodsal, Edison, Exxonmobil, GasNatural Fenosa, Gunvor International, Höegh LNG, Lekoil, Nigeria LNG, Ophir Energy, PetroChina, Repsol, Seven Energy, Shell, Total, Trafigura, Venture Global LNG, Victoria Oil & Gas, Vitol
Baker Botts, Business Council for Africa, Chatham House, Cross-border Information, Chatham House, Gas Strategies, Havergate Infrastructure, IPA Advisory, Jones Day, Linklaters, Milbank, Prism Energy, SLR Consulting, Webber Wentzel, Wood Mackenzie
Contact Lauren Andrews for more details.