The Gas Giants
Structured as a frank roundtable discussion held under the Chatham House Rule, expert political analysts debated, with delegates, trends in the major gas-producing, potentially producing and importing economies around the continent.
Chair: Jon Marks, Cross-border Information
Lead panellists include
- Patrick Smith, Editor, Africa Confidential
- Antony Goldman, Oil & Gas Analyst
- David Drury, Managing Consultant, GasStrategies
• Africa Hardball focused on personal and institutional politics, corruption and other governance issues, and the capacity of governments to deliver on projects.
• The “Gas Giants” Africa Hardball focused on Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Mozambique, Namibia and South Africa.
• Following an initial period of expert analysis and debate, Africa Hardball included a scenario-building exercise, to focus thinking and – potentially – uncover unexpected conclusions.
Participation at HardBall is included in the full AIX: Gas ticket.