AIX: Transport and Logistics – Tuesday 29 September
09h00 to 10h30
West Africa Focus
Regional experts will share their insights on the development and performance of:
• Mano River Union priority projects
• Regional transport corridors including the Abidjan-Lagos coastal corridor and the Praia-Dakar-Abidjan Multimodal Corridor
• Maritime hub needs: Abidjan-Lagos and Lekki-Tema
• Developing airport expansion plans which are integrated with supply chain businesses
• Installing infrastructure to support the extractive industries
PPP arrangements in Nigeria – sustaining momentum
Modou Kane Diao
Transport Specialist, Ministry of Land Transport, Rail Transport & Planning, Senegal
Managing Director, Dawnus International
Senior Consultant, West Africa, CPCS
11h00 to 12h30
Public Private Partnerships
Experts discuss their experiences with the PPP model
Toll road potential
Financial Advisor, Rebel Group International
Technical Adviser for Infrastructure, Mano River Union
13h30 to 15h00
Finance : Matching money to projects
Investment mechanisms for large-scale projects.
• Development finance: how can DFIs leverage public funds to catalyse private investment?
• Budget allocations: to what extent can national government fund future infrastructure development?
• Commercial investors: do they have sufficient appetite or capacity to meet demand for project finance and investment funds?
• Tapping the bond market: How to finance infrastructure projects through non-traditional sources?
• Newcomers: what are the prospects of matching pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, impact investors to projects?
Senior Investment Officer, FMO
Deputy Managing Director Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund
Private Sector Infrastructure Adviser, Department for International Development
15h30 to 17h00
Using a scenario-building process, the group will feed in questions and conclusions on the direction the industry is heading and draw-up practical policy recommendations to come out of the meeting.
17h00 Coffee and end of AIX meeting