Africa Investment Exchange: Nairobi
Power & Renewables Executive Briefing
3-4 October 2018
AIX: Nairobi builds on four years of AIX: Power and Renewables meetings, which have brought together project developers, suppliers of off-grid services, policy-makers, established and non-traditional investment sources and other stakeholders to discuss the issues and challenges facing investors in clean energy projects in Africa.
AIX: Nairobi is sponsored by the African Trade Insurance Agency and InfraCo Africa, supported by GreenMax Capital Advisors and the UK Department for International Trade and co-produced by African Energy. Held under the Chatham House Rule and structured through a series of panel-led sessions, the meeting is limited to 90 senior executives and offers a rare opportunity for an in-depth discussion on the issues and challenges facing clean energy projects in East and Southern Africa.
Participants will benefit from exclusive analysis based on African Energy Live Data – our unique platform that combines a range of analytics tools with project level detail of more than 5,000 power plants across the continent that are operating, planned or under construction.
Conclusions from these practical discussions will support the broader themes addressed at the fifth Africa Investment Exchange: Power and Renewables in London on 14-15 November.
AIX Nairobi participants include:
- Eric Mwangi, Economic Advisor to the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Ziria Tibalwa Waako, Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA), Uganda
- Caroline Kimathi, Acting Renewable Energy Director, Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), Kenya
- Nemes Victor Massawe, Manager – Electricity Transmission and Distribution, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), Tanzania
- Patrick Mawala, Manager, Energy Purchase & Regulatory Affairs, Kenya Power and Lighting Company
- David Muthike, Strategy & Business Performance Director, KenGen
- Benon Bena, Head of Off-Grid Renewable Energy, Rural Electrification Agency (REA), Uganda
- Kevin Kariuki, Head of Infrastructure, Industrial Promotion Services
- Simbarashe Mhuriro, Founder and Managing Director, Oxygen Africa
- John Lentaigne, Chief Underwriting Officer, African Trade Insurance Agency
- Brian O’Hanlon, Director of Business Development, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Andrew Githaiga, Senior Investment Manager, SunFunder
- John Kimotho, Investment Manager, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
- Richard Warugongo, Principal Investment Officer, IFC
(see more panellists below)
Plus senior representatives from
Actis, Astonfield Solar, Azuri Technologies, Berkeley Energy, CDC, Converegence, Co-operative Bank of Kenya, CrossBoundary Clean Power, Department for International Trade (UK), Energy Access Ventures Africa, Engie, Finergreen, FMO, Globeleq, GreenMax Capital Advisors, Green Mini-Grid Facility, GSMA, Inspired Evolution Investment Management, Jinko Solar, Kenergy Renewables, Oxygen Africa, PowerGen Renewable Energy, Proparco, Quantum Power, Renewvia Energy, Scatec Solar, Standard Chartered Bank, SUNREF East Africa, Tesla