Pay-as-you-go (PAYG), roof-top solar and other off-grid technologies have the potential to scale quickly and challenge conventional power generation models. The Off-grid Investment Exchange brings local businesses and off-grid pioneers together with international developers and investors (DFIs, banks, commercial and impact investors) who are looking to buy into this fast-growing industry.
To encourage an open dialogue between all participants, proceedings are held under the Chatham House Rule, with panellists leading off the discussion of each topic and questions and comments from the audience throughout.
Read Jon Marks’ off-grid energy article in African Energy, which includes a summary of last year’s Off-grid Investment Exchange at the AIX: Power & Renewables 2016 meeting.
Off-grid Investment Exchange – Agenda
RSA House, London – 16 November 2017
12h30 to 13h30 Lunch
13h30 to 15h00
• Improving transparency, measuring performance and managing off-grid expectations.
• Incorporating an off-grid electrification strategy in national policy and regulation framework.
• Update on storage, latest trends and costs.
• Pay-as-you-go PAYG or other off-grid business models: who will be electrifying households and businesses in the next 3 to 5 years?
• What part will micro- and mini-grids play in the off-grid energy mix?
15h15 to 16h30
• Is there investor over-exuberance in the solar home system market?
• Role of DFIs: creating an environment for commercial banks to participate?
• Syndication, securitisation, asset-backed financing solutions and other innovative financial instruments.
• Stimulating local capital for off-grid models.
16h30 End of Off-grid Investment Exchange
Off-grid Investment Exchange – Panellists to date
Thomas Duveau, Chief Strategy Officer, Mobisol
Ed Harkins, Managing Director, GKB Ventures
Eitan Hochster, Director of Business Development, Lumos Global
Koen Peters, Executive Director, Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA)
Nico Tyabji, Director of Strategic Partnerships, SunFunder
Nicholas Wrigley, CEO, Winch Energy
Off-grid Investment Exchange – Registration
Registration fee for the Off-grid Investment Exchange at RSA House from 12h30 to 16h30 on 16 November is £450 plus VAT (full price to AIX: Power and Renewables is £1,700 plus VAT).
Contact Lauren Andrews for an invoice. Tel: +44 1424 721667.