We are pleased to announce the formal launch of the Africa Infrastructure Development Association (AfIDA) at the Africa Investment Exchange: Power and Renewables meeting, RSA House, London, 21 to 22 November.
AfIDA is an initiative led by the Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), alongside a host of other institutions. The association of project developers, investors and advocates aims to be the voice of the private sector project developer community, advance the interests of the industry and promote the overall effectiveness of the power and infrastructure sectors, by increasing the delivery of economically and socially sustainable and well-structured projects in Africa. The association will foster continuous dialogue amongst members, develop market benchmarks, facilitate knowledge transfer, lead and commission independent research and serve as a policy advocacy forum for the industry.
A panel on the first day of the AIX: Power & Renewables meeting, led by Oliver Andrews, Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer at Africa Finance Corporation and Elvira Eurlings, Director Energy at FMO, will set out AfIDA’s objectives and lead a discussion of issues that AfIDA aims to address, including:
• Developing guidelines and industry standards to govern project development.
• Providing pro-forma templates for basic agreements between stakeholders.
• Assisting regulatory authorities in formulating policy.
• Enhancing capacity building in the industry through training, professional development and knowledge sharing.
• Improving transparency through information and knowledge sharing and dialogue between members
The launch of AfIDA will also be marked by an evening reception at RSA House, following the first day of the meeting.