Africa Investment Exchange: Gas
Developing partnerships along the value chain
23 June & 17 November, RSA House, London
AIX: Gas returns to RSA House – alongside on-screen participants around the world – to discuss whether natural gas really is the ‘transition fuel’.
View the AIX Gas agenda (pdf)
The meeting continues to bring upstream and LNG players together with investors, senior officials, power sector and downstream developers for an afternoon of panel discussions and an evening reception at RSA House.
With travel still curtailed by the pandemic, the hybrid AIX Gas meeting will also be held online for delegates unable to attend the event in person. There will be a professional technical team managing this hybrid model to ensure a smooth digital process.
• Part two on 17 November
13h45 - Conceptualising the industry's future shape
Chair: Jon Marks, Chairman, African Energy
With fossil fuel markets under ever greater pressure from shifting strategies and projects searching for increasingly elusive funding as stakeholders follow a climate change agenda more rigorously, AIX: Gas will examine the relevance of gas to African economies, their domestic markets and export potential.
- Moustapha Bechir, Director General of Hydrocarbons. Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines, Mauritania
- Kwaku Boakye-Adjei, Commercial Consultant, Tema LNG Terminal Company
- Olivier Mussat, Chief Investment Officer, Global Energy, IFC
- Adrian Mucalov, Partner: Infrastructure, Actis
- Francois Vuylsteke, Senior Developer, Wärtsilä
An overview of Africa’s gas market by African Energy (John Hamilton, Managing Director, CbI)
15h15 - Networking break
15h45 - Opportunities and challenges investing in south-eastern Africa
A regional focus with lessons for all stakeholders operating in and around the industry.
- Nomfundo Maseti, Full-time, Regulator Member: Piped Gas Regulation, NERSA
- Pedro Nguelume, Executive Board Member, EDM
- Mitesh Pema, Investment Director, AIIM
- John Smelcer, Business Development Director, Globeleq
16h30 - Networking break
16h45 – The western margins
A discussion of opportunities along the West coast, from Morocco to Nigeria.
- Damilola Agbaje, Investment Director, AIIM
- Steve Brann, Senior Investment Manager, Vitol
- Akinwole Omoboriowo II, Chairman, Board of Directors, Genesis Energy
- Alex Douglas, Managing Director Head of Business Development, West Africa, Globeleq
- Okechukwu Mba, General Manager, Gas, Seplat
- Duncan Wallace, Technical Director, Chariot Oil and Gas
Co-produced by CbI’s African Energy, the Africa Investment Exchange: Gas meeting is structured around interactive panel-led sessions and held under the Chatham House Rule.
Participants benefit again from exclusive analysis based on African Energy Live Data – our unique platform that combines a range of analytics tools with project level detail of more than 6,200 power plants across the continent that are operating, planned or under construction.
All participants, including speakers, can choose whether to participate in-person or join the meeting virtually.