Africa Investment Exchange: Nairobi
Power & Renewables Executive Briefing
3-4 October 2018
AIX: Nairobi builds on past AIX: Power and Renewables meetings, which have brought together project developers, suppliers of off-grid services, policy-makers, established and non-traditional investment sources and other stakeholders to discuss the issues and challenges facing investors in clean energy projects in Africa.
AIX: Nairobi was sponsored by the African Trade Insurance Agency and InfraCo Africa, supported by GreenMax Capital Advisors and the UK Department for International Trade and co-produced by African Energy. Held under the Chatham House Rule and structured through a series of panel-led sessions, the meeting was limited to 90 senior executives and provided a rare opportunity for an in-depth discussion on the issues and challenges facing clean energy projects in East and Southern Africa.
- The state of the industry: is East Africa long on power or is under-supply a constraint on growth?
- Acceleration in off-grid consumption: is it forcing a reassessment of centralised generation?
- Strategies for developing a baseload mix
- Strengthening the grid and increasing access
- FIT, negotiated deals and renewable energy auctions
- Stimulating local capital markets and improving access to local finance
- Mini-grid auctions and other options
- Industry’s paradigm shift – analysis of the ways commercial and industrial (C&I) consumers are developing and financing their own generation capacity
- Finance: energy as a consumer service
Participants also benefited from exclusive analysis based on African Energy Live Data – our unique platform that combines a range of analytics tools with project level detail of more than 5,000 power plants across the continent that are operating, planned or under construction.
Keep me updated on AIX: Nairobi and other AIX meetings.