AIX: Energy in Transition will focus on the energy and development policies facing government and industry – including the choice between energy security, affordability and environmental sustainability; the role of gas in Africa’s energy transition; and emerging decarbonisation technologies including low carbon hydrogen, batteries, carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) and other innovations that suit African realities.
Key themes for 2024
- Energy in transition: reconciling security, affordability ad sustainability.
- Matching finance to energy transition projects.
- Baseload: Hydropower, geothermal, gas, nuclear and other solutions that meet demand.
- Global LNG demand ad consequences for Africa’s gas and power markets.
- Gas-to-power as a pathway for decarbonisation.
- Scaling renewable energy.
- Industry focus: GH2 for storage, industry and export.
- Critical minerals: Unlocking finance for projects.
Contact Lauren Slater for more details.