Sponsored by Actis, Denham Capital and Endeavor Energy, AIX: Gas focused on bringing upstream and LNG players together with power sector and downstream developers and investors for a frank discussion of project opportunities and investment issues affecting all stakeholders across the gas sector.
Co-produced by African Energy, proceedings were held under the Chatham House Rule, and structured round panel-led discussions and roundtables to facilitate dialogue.
Agenda highlights included:
- Abdellaziz El Gamah, Senior Advisor to Morocco’s Minister of Energy, Mining, Water & Environment providing an exclusive update on Morocco’s LNG import plans and new generation of CCGT power plants.
- A look at the Azura project led by members of the developing consortium, including Crispin Holliday of Aldwych International.
- Insights on the Egyptian market from Tarek Shalaby of Edison and CbI’s John Hamilton.
- John Smelcer, Head of Oil & Gas Sector Group, Webber Wentzel discussing South Africa’s LNG to power programme.
- A discussion on getting gas to market with Jay Bhattacherjee, Chief Executive Officer, Aminex, Kevin Foo, Chairman, Victoria Oil & Gas, Ezekiel Adesina, Senior Business & Strategy Analyst Nigeria LNG and Rogers Beall, Exec Chairman, Fortesa International Senegal.
- Insights from investors and project finances including – Actis, AIIM, FMFM, IFC, Opic and Société Générale.
Keep me updated on future AIX: Gas and other AIX meetings.