AIX Power & Renewables – early-stage development panel confirmed
Alex Katon, Executive Director, InfraCo Africa will chair the ‘Mobilising private sector expertise and finance for early-stage development’ panel at the fourth annual Africa Investment Exchange: Power & Renewables meeting in London (15-16 November).
Cephas Galley, Director of Legal Services, Electricity Company of Ghana
Ragnar Gerig, Director Energy Africa and Asia, DEG
Marcus Heal, CEO, Pan Africa Solar
Maarten Van Der Horst, Chief Business Development, ENGIE Africa
The panel will lead a discussion with the wider audience, examining key issues private sector investors and developers face overcoming early stage project risks.
- Structuring early stage risks
- What is behind successful fundraising?
- Private sector views on public sector support, including project preparation facilities
- Defining bankability–structuring deals and accelerating project implementation
- Overcoming unproven tariffs, offtakers and PPAs
- Leveraging extractive industry-related investment to finance power infrastructure development