Alex Katon, Executive Director, InfraCo Africa will chair the ‘Mobilising private sector expertise and finance for early-stage development’ panel at the fourth annual Africa Investment Exchange: Power & Renewables meeting in London (15-16 November 2017).
- Cephas Galley, Director of Legal Services, Electricity Company of Ghana
- Ragnar Gerig, Director Energy Africa and Asia, DEG
- Marcus Heal, CEO, Pan Africa Solar
- Maarten Van Der Horst, Chief Business Development, ENGIE Africa
The panel will lead a discussion with the wider audience, examining key issues private sector investors and developers face overcoming early stage project risks.
- Structuring early stage risks
- What is behind successful fundraising?
- Private sector views on public sector support, including project preparation facilities
- Defining bankability–structuring deals and accelerating project implementation
- Overcoming unproven tariffs, offtakers and PPAs
- Leveraging extractive industry-related investment to finance power infrastructure development