LNG to power and small-scale LNG at AIX: Gas
Panellists in the final session at the Africa Investment Exchange: Gas meeting (RSA House, 11-12 April) examined the prospects for small-scale LNG and LNG-to-power in Africa.
The session was chaired by John Smelcer, Director, Head of Energy & Infrastructure at Webber Wentzel, who was joined by:
· Dikko Atanu, Chief Executive Officer, Neoleum Energy
· Roland Fisher, Chief Executive Officer, Gasfin Development
· Matthew Norman, Business Development Director, Wison Offshore & Marine
· Vincas Snipas, Managing Director, Whitehall & Company
· Christophe Le Blan, LNG Project Director, Africa, Total
· Jonathan Quinn, Business Development Manager, Stolt-Nielsen Gas
Questions and topics taken from the agenda.
· Obstacles and benefits of an integrated LNG to power project
· LNG to power models in South Africa, elsewhere in Africa and in other continents
· Does LNG to power require utlity scale or is small scale getting to a point where it can stand on its own and anchor the value chain?
· To what extent can small scale LNG piggy back off utility scale LNG import to power as a third party offtaker and create demand beyond anchor power?
· Viability of Africa to Africa LNG market
· Financing and implementing small-scale LNG projects
· Adopting LNG for transport and industry: what is realistic?