Shahbano Soomro from Vivid Economic will kick-off the storage discussion at next week’s AIX Power & Renewables meeting and share her insights on the future energy storage market across the different use cases and technologies in Africa.
Shahbano recently led the DFID and Faraday Institute funded study on energy storage market in developing countries. Read more here
Other panellists in the Disrupting T&D in the age of storage session at this year’s Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) Power and Renewables meeting on 13-14 November 2019 include:
- Giuseppe Artizzu, Executive Director, Global Strategy, Engie EPS
- Charlie Blair, Managing Director, Gravitricity
- Zukui Hu, Head of Sales for Commercial and Utility Energy Storage Solutions, EMEA, Tesla
- Lars Stephan, Market Development Manager, Aggreko Microgrid and Storage Solutions
- Pekka Tolonen, Director, Growth & Development, Wärtsilä
Suggested topics listed in the agenda include:
- Investment in storage systems.
- From utility-scale projects to C&I and residential consumers –technologies and costs.
- How storage can help integrate renewables, meet peak demand and strengthen grids.
- Structuring PPAs for solar-plus-storage projects.
- Other technologies.
AIX: Power & Renewables is structured around panel-led sessions and held under the Chatham House Rule to facilitate an open discussion on the continent’s diverse and dynamic energy sector.