AIX: Grid & Storage (London, 11 September 2020), is a one-day event which brings the electricity supply industry, development financiers, large industrial players together with transmission operators to discuss key issues facing Africa’s power network.
The innovative storage afternoon will examine the growth and impact of energy storage on the continent’s power industry, and builds on AIX sessions held in 2019 which excited considerable interest in a potential ‘game changer’ to come.
- Grid strategies: examining key institutional themes for grid operations in Africa today.
- Synergies between storage and convention power
- Best practices in RES integration: a global perspective
- New challenges and opportunities in maintaining grid stability.
- What are the different peaking options?
- The economics of storage (solar + storage, ancillary services, etc)
- Market designs and regulatory changes to integrate storage into the energy mix
- Structuring PPAs and other documentation issues for a storage project
The first AIX: Dinner (10 September) is intended to bring together the Africa Investment Exchange community for an evening of discussion and frank exchanges in an amicable setting.
AIX: Grid & Storage is co-organised by Cross-border Information (CbI), and CbI’s African Energy, a consultancy that has been involved at the heart of the debate surrounding the development of the energy sector in Africa for more than 20 years.
AIX meetings bring together a professional audience under the Chatham House Rule and are structured round panel led discussions to facilitate open discussion.