The twin sessions kick-starting the online AIX: Power & Renewables meetings on 22 September 2020 will focus on grid issues in Africa today and the growth and impact of energy storage on the continent’s power industry.
Panellists in the Grid Strategies session discussing key issues facing Africa’s power network, include:
- Prince Moyo, General Manager, Power Delivery Engineering, Eskom
- Samson Ondiek, Business Planning Manager, Kenya Power and Lighting Company
- Kenneth Thompson, Board Member, Ghana Grid Company
- Orli Arav, Managing Director Facility for Energy Inclusion, Lion’s Head Global Partners
- Mansoor Hamayun, Chief Executive Officer, Bboxx
Panellists joining the Storage Strategies session:
- Giuseppe Artizzu, Executive Director, Global Strategy, Engie Eps
- Gabriele Buccini, General Manager, Business Development Energy Storage, Wärtsilä
- Gabriel de Lastours, Associate Director, Energy EMEA, EBRD
- Laura Kiwelu, Counsel, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Evan Rice, Business Development, Tesla
- Matthew Rowe, Head of Department, Storage, DNV GL – Energy
The online AIX: Power & Renewables series from September 2020 to February 2021 is sponsored by African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM), DNV GL, Globeleq, and Wärtsilä and co-produced by African Energy.
Separate meetings later in the year will examine: East Africa’s strategic direction and prospects for regional integration; creating a bankable market and new distribution models; innovative approaches to financing IPPs and competitive tenders; off-grid expansion and integration; and alternative financing options for the electricity supply industry.