The AIX: Online meeting on 16 February 2021 includes a Just transition in South Africa panel and a roundtable meeting focusing on the country’s gas market.
Just transition in South Africa – 14h00 SAST / 12h00 GMT
Chair: Chanda Nxumalo, Director, Harmattan Renewables
South Africa’s transition from coal presents numerous economic, social, and political issues. The online dialogue will focus on some of these challenges and opportunities.
- Funding mechanisms and technical assistance available to support just transitions in South Africa.
- What’s the future for local content and BEE.
- Risk Mitigation IPP Procurement Programme and renewables bid window 5 update.
- Prospects for baseload and the grid in light of growing renewable capacity.
Panellists joining the live panel discussion:
- Wayne Glossop, Business Development Manager, Wärtsilä Energy
- Obakeng Moloabi, Business Development, Pele Green Energy
- Mandy Rambharos, Head of Just Energy Transition Office, Eskom
- Stanley Semelane, Senior Researcher Climate Change Services, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research – CSIR
South Africa’s gas outlook – 16h00 SAST / 14h00 GMT
A roundtable meeting examining latest developments in the country’s gas market with key contribution from Nomfundo Maseti, Full-Time Regulator Member: Piped Gas Regulation, NERSA.
View upcoming AIX Online meetings at: https://africa-investment-exchange.com/events/aix-online-2021