Moustapha Bechir, Director General of Hydrocarbons at the Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines has recently confirmed he will be discussing Mauritania’s new vision for energy (including gas-to-power, renewables and hydrogen) as well as give a brief overview of latest gas developments at the Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) Gas meeting held online and in London on 23 June.
13h45 - Conceptualising the industry's future shape
Chair: Jon Marks, Chairman, African Energy
With fossil fuel markets under ever greater pressure from shifting strategies and projects searching for increasingly elusive funding as stakeholders follow a climate change agenda more rigorously, AIX: Gas will examine the relevance of gas to African economies, their domestic markets and export potential.
- Moustapha Bechir, Director General of Hydrocarbons. Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines, Mauritania
- Kwaku Boakye-Adjei, Commercial Consultant, Tema LNG Terminal Company
- Olivier Mussat, Chief Investment Officer, Global Energy, IFC
- Adrian Mucalov, Partner: Infrastructure, Actis
- Francois Vuylsteke, Senior Developer, Wärtsilä
An overview of Africa’s gas market by African Energy (John Hamilton, Managing Director, CbI)
15h15 - Networking break
15h45 - Opportunities and challenges investing in south-eastern Africa
A regional focus with lessons for all stakeholders operating in and around the industry.
- Nomfundo Maseti, Full-time, Regulator Member: Piped Gas Regulation, NERSA
- Pedro Nguelume, Executive Board Member, EDM
- Mitesh Pema, Investment Director, AIIM
- John Smelcer, Business Development Director, Globeleq
16h30 - Networking break
16h45 – The western margins
A discussion of opportunities along the West coast, from Morocco to Nigeria.
- Damilola Agbaje, Investment Director, AIIM
- Steve Brann, Senior Investment Manager, Vitol
- Akinwole Omoboriowo II, Chairman, Board of Directors, Genesis Energy
- Alex Douglas, Managing Director Head of Business Development, West Africa, Globeleq
- Okechukwu Mba, General Manager, Gas, Seplat
- Duncan Wallace, Technical Director, Chariot Oil and Gas
Recently registered organisations participating either virtually or in-person include:
Actis, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM), Azura Power, BNI – Banco Nacional de Investimento, Bracewell LLP, Chariot Oil & Gas Limited, Department for Energy, EDM – Electricidade de Moçambique, Eni, ExxonMobil, Globeleq, Genesis Energy Holding, Herbert Smith Freehills, IFC – International Finance Corporation, JGC Corporation, Latham & Watkins, Mauritanian British Business Council, Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines (Mauritania), National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA), Nedbank, NOVO Energy, RMB, Savannah Energy, Seplat Petroleum Development Company, Shell, Siemens Energy, SLR Consulting, Tema LNG Terminal, TotalEnergies, Vitol, Vopak, Wärtsilä