African Energy recently reported that Egypt received $85bn in foreign investment commitments for green hydrogen and renewable energy projects during COP27.
Egypt’s green H2 buzz and other hydrogen and ammonia projects across the continent will feature strongly during the two-day AIX Energy in Transition meeting at RSA House on 17-18 April.
Key H2 themes in the agenda:
- Morocco + Egypt green hydrogen deals
How will proximity to Europe impact the nascent green H2 value chain and partnerships.
- Blue hydrogen + CCUS
Can innovations in carbon capture and storage (CCS) and hydrogen technologies open up new opportunities and future-proof existing infrastructure?
- Hydrogen finance
How can renewable and low-carbon hydrogen projects benefit from carbon markets?
- Scaling-up affordable green fertiliser
Strategies to increase domestic fertiliser production across the continent
Confirmed panellists at the AIX meeting on 17-18 April 2023 include:
- Ezekiel Adesina, Executive Secretary at Africa Energy Study Group
- Dafe Akpeneye, Commissioner at NERC, Nigeria
- Ahmed Badr, Director, Project Facilitation & Support at IRENA
- Jonathan Berman, Managing Director at Autonomi Capital
- Timo Bollerhey, Managing Director at H2Global Advisory
- Steve Brann, Head of LNG Origination at Vitol
- Ignacio de Calonje, Chief Investment Officer & Sustainable Finance Lead at IFC
- Paul Eardley-Taylor, Oil & Gas, Southern Africa at Standard Bank
- Joseph Ezigbo, Managing Director at Falcon Corporation
- Tarik Hamane, Vice President Hydrogen Development, Total Eren
- Crispin Holliday, IPP Business Development Executive
- Steve Husbands, Head of Commercial, Oil & Gas Advisory at SLR
- Gibbs Johnson, Consultant at Clifford Chance
- Charlotte Kirk, Green Ammonia Expert at Fortescue Future Industries
- Olivier Leruste, Managing Partner at Echosys Advisory
- Nomfundo Maseti, Full-Time Regulator Member: Piped Gas Regulation at NERSA
- Jon Marks, Founder at African Energy
- Alessandro Nanotti, Global Head of LNG at Vivo Energy
- Kishan Pillay, Director: Oil, Gas, Hydrogen at the Department of Trade, Industry & Competition, South Africa
- Adam Terry, Technical Director at Harmattan Renewables
- John Smelcer, Managing Director, Business Development, Head of Southern Africa at Globeleq
- Shirvine Zhang, Head of Hydrogen and Hybrid Energy at Hive Energy