Panellists sharing their perspectives in the “Green hydrogen markets” session at AIX Energy in Transition 2023:
- Timo Bollerhey – Managing Director, H2Global Advisory
- Ignacio de Calonje – Chief Investment Officer & Sustainable Finance Lead, IFC
- Tarik Hamane – Vice President Hydrogen Development, Total Eren
- Charlotte Kirk – Green Ammonia Expert, Fortescue Future Industries
- Mike Peo – Head: Infrastructure, Energy & Telecommunication, Nedbank
- Shirvine Zhang – Head of Hydrogen and Hybrid Energy, Hive Energy
- Updates on recent green hydrogen deals in Morocco and Egypt and other key projects
- Industrial policies, regulation and applications to promote Africa’s domestic ammonia and green hydrogen market
- Bankability issues and challenges in project finance
- What can governments do to move beyond pilot schemes?
The meeting will as usual be held under the Chatham House Rule to ensure the freest possible discussion.
About the African Investment Exchange (AIX) meetings
- We are focused on producing meetings that establish an enduring dialogue for energy industry professionals, with the aim of stimulating business engagement, deal-making and long-term partnerships.
- The established AIX format has been running for 9 years, and is known for its robust debate and knowledge-led approach.
- Panel discussions under the Chatham House Rule address key market opportunities and examine how to break down barriers to investment.
- It is held at the Royal Society of Arts (RSA House) in London, which provides a relaxed setting to network and arrange meetings.
- AIX is organised by African Energy, a consultancy that has been involved at the heart of the debate surrounding the development of the energy sector in Africa for more than 20 years.