Africa Investment Exchange: Transport and Infrastructure
Bridging the infrastructure investment gap
9-10 June 2016, RSA House
AIX: Transport & Infrastructure brought together public and private sector investors, developers and other stakeholders to discuss the strategies, opportunities and partnerships necessary to unlock wider development.
Supported by AIIM, the Business Council for Africa, Nectar Group and Stephenson Harwood, proceedings were held under the Chatham House Rule, and structured round panel-led discussions and roundtables to facilitate dialogue.
- How to access early-stage financing and other DFI-led initiatives
- Bankable projects requiring funding and technical assistance
- Shared-use infrastructure and regional projects
- Matching money to projects
- Scope for privately led investment in Africa’s aviation industry and barriers to entry
- Critical issues for developing railway infrastructure, for donors, investors, host governments and consumers.
- Making transport corridor projects work
The agenda included an Africa Hardball roundtable on the afternoon of day two that will provide an open discussion focusing on personal and institutional politics, governance issues and the capacity of governments to deliver on projects.