MENA Investment Exchange: Energy
The Middle East and North Africa’s Gas-to-Power & Renewables Dialogue
29-30 September 2016, RSA House
MIX: Energy brought together investors, developers, financiers, policy-makers and analysts for a frank discussion of the Middle East and North Africa region’s diversified gas-to-power and renewable energy industries.
MIX: Energy was supported by Apricum – the Cleantech Advisory, British Photovoltaic Association, Clean Energy Business Council, Eversheds, the Middle East Association, and the Middle East Solar Industry Association.
Co-produced by CbI’s African Energy and Gulf States News (GSN), and held under the Chatham House Rule, the MIX: Energy programme focused on:
- Renewable energy development in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Changing patterns of gas supply for GTP projects including domestic production outlook and gas/LNG imports.
- Innovative financial structures, commercial returns, entry and exit strategies.
- Where the region stands in the climate debate.
- Who to work with in the diverse MENA area.
- Key markets, including, Algeria, Dubai, Egypt, GCC, Iran, Jordan, Morocco, Saudi Arabia.
- The region’s political exposure in a time of stress.
The agenda included a Hardball roundtable on the afternoon of day two that provided an open discussion of governance issues, personal and institutional politics, and the capacity of governments to deliver on projects.
MIX: Energy builds on CbI Meetings’ Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) series at RSA House in London and Morocco Energy Exchange which was held in Edinburgh in October 2015.