The first programme for the 7th Africa Investment Exchange: Power & Renewables meeting at RSA House on 18-19 November 2020 is now available.
The opening session will discuss the big issues confronting the industry and its financiers.
- How has Africa emerged from the global lockdown?
- What is the future for thermal generation?
- Are renewables fit for purpose to take their place?
- How to make up the T&D shortfalls
- Dropping fossil fuels – can African governments do this?
- Employment, gender and demographic issues – should developers worry more about development?
- Will there be even less commercial finance after the Covid-19 crisis?
Sponsored by African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM), and Globeleq, AIX: Power & Renewables has become one of the meeting places of choice for Africa’s power sector stakeholders, including leading private and public sector investors, African officials and project developers.
Held under the Chatham House Rule, the meeting is structured around interactive panel-led sessions, and includes the annual Off-grid Investment Exchange.
Limited to just under 200 participants, the format and size of the meeting provides a rare opportunity for an open discussion and analysis of the continent’s power and renewables market.
Contact Lauren Andrews for more details.