The next online meeting in our monthly Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) programme is being held between 12h00 and 13h30 GMT on 25 January.
The AfricaHardball webinar will provide a frank examination of the political pressures and flash points – from sovereign debt to PPA renegotiations – that may impact on the energy sector in 2022 and beyond.
Critical subjects to be covered include:
- Key flashpoints around the continent – Sahel, the Horn, North Africa (Western Sahara and Libya) and other problem areas;
- Upcoming electoral and other politics – including Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa;
- Climate change impacts and opportunities – will the money flow in 2022? Will degraded environments drive more conflict?
- Economies’ emergence from Covid and other crises – a positive year ahead for who?
- Risk mitigation – is the financial architecture fit for purpose?
- John Hamilton, Managing Director, African Energy
- Patrick Smith, Editor, Africa Confidential
- Conal Duffy, Practice Leader – Political Risk, Alliant Insurance Services
- Exuperius Tax, Investment Associate, Frontier Energy
- Jon Marks, Chairman, CbI & Head of Consultancy, African Energy
Africa Hardball: Political and other risks in a year of re-emergence and high tension
Tuesday 25 January 2022
12h00 and 13h30 GMT
(Please note, if you are unable to attend on the day, the webinar will be recorded and available to registered delegates for playback).
AfricaHardball is part of the AIX Membership programme, a year-round forum for trusted debate and curated insight. Find out more