AIX membership programme
A year-round forum for trusted debate and curated insight
African Energy’s experienced team of analysts has curated a programme designed to help energy sector stakeholders gain easy access to the information needed to support their decision-making at all stages of the project and investment lifecycle.
Exclusive data and insights
The programme includes:
- Online panel-led discussions and roundtables – held like all AIX meetings under the Chatham House Rule
- Factsheets based on the latest African Energy power sector research.
- First access to quarterly analysis of African power sector data from African Energy Live Data – a comprehensive database of more than 6,700 generation projects and plants, and the organisations behind them.
- Q&A sessions with African Energy’s analysts on the latest research and trends.
Members have the opportunity to shape and contribute to these meetings and network with each other via the AIX online membership hub.
All AIX members will have unlimited access for their staff to online meetings, recognising that trusted sources of information, networking and exchange of ideas are important to a wide variety of roles across different teams and projects.
AIX membership – as well as tickets for in-person meetings – is free for Africa-based SMEs, utilities, regulators and public sector officials.
Find out about the next Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) meetings.
Liberalising power markets
- Start Date: May 31, 2022
- End Date: September 27, 2022
A series of three webinars exploring the diverse experiences of three African countries (Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya) which have moved to liberalise their power markets. Each country is at a different stage of market reform and has embarked on a different course.
AIX: Power & Renewables 2022
- Start Date: November 16, 2022
- End Date: November 17, 2022
First held at RSA House in 2014, AIX: Power & Renewables has become one of the meeting places of choice for Africa’s power sector stakeholders to discuss the big issues confronting the industry and its financiers.
Find a previous meeting.
AIX: Energy in Transition 2022
- Start Date: April 27, 2022
- End Date: April 28, 2022
The meeting at RSA House will examine the future of gas as a transition fuel as well as the prospects for hydrogen, carbon-capture, storage and alternative baseloads in the energy mix.
Power sector health check
- Start Date: March 29, 2022
- End Date: March 29, 2022
An online meeting examining the state of the African power sector and its possible future directions.
Solar in the Sahel
- Start Date: February 22, 2022
- End Date: February 22, 2022
The online meeting will examine solar investments in six countries: Senegal and the G5 Sahel states (Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania and Niger). It will ask, what is required to encourage private sector participation and build capacity, how to prepare projects and mitigate risks, and what especially political and economic issues confront investment in the region.
AfricaHardball: Political and other risks in a year of re-emergence and high tension
- Start Date: January 25, 2022
- End Date: January 25, 2022
- Location: Online
A frank examination of the political pressures and flash points – from sovereign debt to PPA renegotiations – that may impact on power sector development in 2022
AIX: Online 2021
- Start Date: December 31, 2021
- End Date: December 31, 2020
We are pleased to combine a monthly online AIX series with traditional live AIX: Gas and AIX: Power & Renewables meetings held at RSA House, London in 2021.
AIX: Gas 2021
- Start Date: November 17, 2021
- End Date: November 18, 2021
- Location: London
- Venue: RSA House and online
We are pleased to return to RSA House in 2021, combining a live event with online streaming and networking for delegates unable to travel to London.