Ziria Tibalwa Waako at Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda will join Gabriel Davies at CrossBoundary; Michael Franz at GET.invest; William Greene at Multiconsult; Yann Tanvez at IFC; and Andrew Tipping at ECA in the “Mini-grid update” panel at the Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) Power & Renewables – London – 16 to 17 November 2022.
Themes for the mini-grid panel include:
- Success stories? Lessons from Kenya, Uganda and DR Congo etc
- Rethinking mini-grid business models. Can economies of scale be achieved by increasing the number of mini-grids in development?
- Stimulating demand: buying your own power
- Subsidy strategies: capex subs, opex subs, results-based subs
- Will demand grow enough to justify investment?
- What else can be done to make mini-grids viable?
View the two-day AIX: Power & Renewables programme for more details on this session and the meeting at RSA House.