Panellists sharing their perspectives in the “Carbon markets revisited” session at AIX Energy in Transition 2023:
- Myles Allen – Professor of Geosystem Science, University of Oxford
- Gabriel de Lastours – Associate Director, Energy EMEA, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Gökçe Mete – Senior Manager, Global Hydrogen Stakeholder Platform, South Pole
- Greg Murray – Chief Executive Officer, KOKO Networks
- Adel Serhal, Director, Africa Go Green
Themes for the “Carbon markets revisited” session on 17 April:
- How do developers see carbon finance impacting on their projects?
- AIX community: why or why aren’t you thinking about accessing current and/or future carbon markets?
- Carbon finance and the ‘Just Energy Transition’
The meeting will as usual be held under the Chatham House Rule to ensure the freest possible discussion.
About the African Investment Exchange (AIX) meetings
- We are focused on producing meetings that establish an enduring dialogue for energy industry professionals, with the aim of stimulating business engagement, deal-making and long-term partnerships.
- The established AIX format has been running for 9 years, and is known for its robust debate and knowledge-led approach.
- Panel discussions under the Chatham House Rule address key market opportunities and examine how to break down barriers to investment.
- It is held at the Royal Society of Arts (RSA House) in London, which provides a relaxed setting to network and arrange meetings.
- AIX is organised by African Energy, a consultancy that has been involved at the heart of the debate surrounding the development of the energy sector in Africa for more than 20 years.