12h00 to 13h30 GMT | 25 January 2022
Panel discussion: AfricaHardball: Political and other risks in a year of re-emergence and high tension
Chair: Jon Marks, Chairman, CbI and Founder, African Energy
An online meeting focused on political, financial and other risks affecting the continent in 2022 and beyond.
Among critical subjects to be covered by a panel made up of African Energy experts and distinguished friends are:
- Key flashpoints around the continent – Sahel, the Horn, North Africa (Western Sahara and Libya) and other problem areas;
- Upcoming electoral and other politics – including Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa;
- Climate change impacts and opportunities – will the money flow in 2022? Will degraded environments drive more conflict?
- Economies’ emergence from Covid and other crises – a positive year ahead for who?
- Risk mitigation – is the financial architecture fit for purpose?
- Patrick Smith, Editor, Africa Confidential
- John Hamilton, Managing Director, CbI and African Energy
- Conal Duffy, Practice Leader – Political Risk, Alliant Insurance Services
- Exuperius Tax, Investment Associate, Frontier Energy
Already registered? Login via the Swapcard platform.