Africa Investment Exchange: Energy
Enabling power project development in Africa
24-25 November 2014, RSA House, London
The first Africa Investment Exchange responded to new paradigms in the African energy sector shaped by new players, innovative financing structures, impact investment strategies and technological innovation.
Held behind closed doors, AIX: Energy focused on channeling private resources into the African power sector – from thermal IPPs to innovative distributed power and renewables solutions – providing a forum for investors to meet with African businesses and policymakers.
The AIX: Energy agenda was devised by CbI, the business intelligence company behind the respected African Energy consultancy and newsletter.
The AIX: Energy meetings allowed participants to:
- Engage with experts, to assess investor confidence, develop projects and monitor risk.
- Meet African entrepreneurs and firms to gain first-hand insights.
- Explore innovative financial structures, commercial returns, entry and exit strategies.
- Measure the wider impact of investments on social and economic development.
- Analyse key markets, such as Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Kenya and Uganda.
Praise for AIX:Energy 2014
“I would like to say that you prepared a brilliant event. It really stimulates collaboration and innovative thinking around the energy industry in Africa, both for investors and developers.
It was indeed valuable for us at AEE Power, as we are both power developers and EPC contractors in sub-Saharan Africa, not just because of the networking but also because we have this opportunity to hear the opinions of relevant stakeholders in the industry.
I would like to congratulate you and your team for the way the event was handled.”
Francisco Lopez, General Manager of AEE Power Ventures