The next online meeting in our monthly Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) programme is being held between 12h00 and 13h30 GMT on 22 February 2022.
The Solar in the Sahel meeting will examine solar investments in six countries: Senegal and the G5 Sahel states (Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania and Niger). Chaired by Marc Howard, Senior Research Analyst at African Energy the session will ask, what is required to encourage private sector participation and build capacity, how to prepare projects and mitigate risks, and what especially political and economic issues confront investment in the region.
- Obbie Banda, Underwriter, African Trade Insurance Agency
- Zaidoon Khouri, Director Finance, Investment and Trade, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Jon Marks, Chairman, CbI & Head of Consultancy, African Energy
- Sergio Portatadino, Technical Lead & Deputy Chief of Party Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
- Daniel Schroth, Acting Director for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency, African Development Bank
- Bernhard van Meeteren, Energy Sector Specialist, FMO
Solar in the Sahel
Tuesday 22 February 2022
12h00 and 13h30 GMT
- (Please note, if you are unable to attend on the day, the webinar will be recorded and available to registered delegates for playback).
- The Solar in the Sahel meeting is part of the AIX Membership programme, a year-round forum for trusted debate and curated insight. Find out more