Key themes in the ‘Energy transition realities’ panel discussion chaired by Laura Kiwelu Partner at Norton Rose Fulbright at the AIX Energy in Transition meeting, include:
- How are power developers adapting to new energy realities in Africa?
- What new technologies are available and how do you integrate these innovations into existing infrastructure?
- The future development of hydrogen-ready gas-to-power (GTP) projects
- Prospects of gas replacing coal, HFO and diesel-powered generation?
- Role of storage and flexible capacity to balance electricity networks.
- Acceleration in carbon capture and storage (CCS) project activity. What are the realities for gas IPPs?
- Damilola Agbaje, Investment Director, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
- Rodney MacAlister, Chief Executive Officer, Monetizing Gas Africa
- Akinwole Omoboriowo II, Chairman, Board of Directors of Genesis Energy
- Gbemi Otudeko, Principal, Actis
- John Smelcer, Business Development Director, Globeleq
View the two-day AIX: Energy in Transition programme and more details on this meeting at RSA House on 27-28 April at: