Developing partnerships along the gas value chain
5-6 April 2017, London
Sponsored by Actis and Globeleq and co-produced by CbI’s African Energy, AIX: Gas focuses on bringing upstream and LNG players together with power sector and downstream developers and investors for a frank discussion of project opportunities and investment issues affecting all stakeholders across the gas sector.
The 2017 agenda focuses on:
• Gas-fired IPPs – identifying sources of investment and understanding instruments that can catalyse private investment.
• Domestic production vs LNG imports
• Who has the most credible LNG export plans
• Investing in the upstream
• Markets attracting investor interest, including Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Mozambique, Morocco, South Africa and Tanzania
• Developing gas distribution networks
• Petrochemicals and industrial demand
• Pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices – matching new investors to projects
• Investment strategies and opportunities along the gas value chain
Omar Mitha, Chairman/CEO, Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH)
Sandra Coetzee, Strategy, Risk and Combined Assurance, IPP Office, South Africa
Jay Bhattacherjee, Chief Executive Officer, Aminex
Paul Eardley-Taylor, Oil & Gas, Southern Africa, Standard Bank
Ezekiel Adesina, Senior Business and Strategy Analyst, Nigeria LNG
Steve Lowden, Chief Executive Officer, NewAge
Kevin Hart, Chief Executive Officer, Bowleven
Kevin Foo, Chairman, Victoria Oil & Gas
Akinwole Omoboriowo II, Chief Executive Officer, Genesis Energy Group
Oliver Shelton, Head of LNG Origination – Atlantic and Middle East, Gazprom Global LNG
Oliver Quinn, Director – Africa and Global New Ventures, Ophir Energy
Dafe Akpeneye, Commisioner, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
Cephas Galley, Director of Legal Services, Electricity Company of Ghana
Oti Ikomi, Chief Executive Officer, Proton Energy
Olusola Lawson, Regional Director, West Africa, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
Alan Muir, Managing Director, Azura Power Holdings
John Smelcer, Head of Oil & Gas Sector Group, Webber Wentzel
Erik Wandrag, Senior Investment Director: Energy, Harith General Partners
Tiago Almeida, Senior Transactor – Investment Banking, Infrastructure Finance, Rand Merchant Bank
Brian O’Hanlon, Director of Business Development, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
Crispin Holliday, Commercial Director, Aldwych International
Jon Marks, Chairman, Cross-border Information
plus senior representatives from Actis, BWSC, Engie, Fortesa International, GE, Globeleq, Kulczyk Investments, Latham & Watkins, MAN Diesel & Turbo, Milbank, OM Capital Partners, Powergas Africa, QED Consulting, Siemens, Sasol, SLR Consulting, SyEnergy, Victoria Oil & Gas, Vitol.
All exchanges are:
• Held under the Chatham House Rule.
• Structured panel-led discussions and roundtables.
• Hosted at RSA House, the Royal Society of Arts’ historic headquarters in London, an ideal venue for networking, with good breakout spaces and rooms for private meetings.
Participating organisations at AIX: Gas 2016:
Abu Qir Fertilizers & Chemical Industries Company, Aldwych International, Africa Power Corporation, Africa Power Systems Management, CETEnergy, Contour Global, Endeavor Energy, Engie, Gasol, GE, Genesis Energy, InterGen, Marubeni, Mitsui, Powergas Africa, Quantum Power, Siemens, Wartsila
Finance and investment
Actis, AIIM, Denham Capital, Frontier Markets Fund Managers, Helios Investment Partners, IFC, Kulczyk Investments, London Stock Exchange, Nedbank, Overseas Private Investment Corporation, Pembani Remgro, Société Générale, Standard Chartered Bank
Oil and gas sector
Africa Fortesa Corporation, Aminex, Bowleven, Cheniere Energy, Dodsal, Edison, Exxonmobil, GasNatural Fenosa, Gunvor International, Höegh LNG, Lekoil, Nigeria LNG, Ophir Energy, PetroChina, Repsol, Seven Energy, Shell, Total, Trafigura, Venture Global LNG, Victoria Oil & Gas, Vitol
Baker Botts, Business Council for Africa, Chatham House, Cross-border Information, Chatham House, Gas Strategies, Havergate Infrastructure, IPA Advisory, Jones Day, Linklaters, Milbank, Prism Energy, SLR Consulting, Webber Wentzel, Wood Mackenzie