For 55 years DEG, a subsidiary of KfW, has been a reliable partner to private-sector enterprises operating in developing and emerging-market countries. We provide them with long-term financing and advice tailored to individual needs. They can thus develop successfully and sustainably, while generating local added value and creating qualified jobs. As a development finance institution, we deliberately tap into future markets and promote the expansion of the private sector.
- We finance direct investments in developing and emerging market countries in order to make a sustainable contribution to advancing their economic development.
- We make long-term investment capital available since many commercial banks baulk at the comparatively high risks in developing countries.
- offer promotional programmes to focus on supporting our customers.
- We advise our customers and provide intensive support to help them shape their investments even more professionally, efficiently and sustainably.
- That applies not only to manufacturers and project developers investing in infrastructure projects, but also to financial institutions like banks and to funds operating in developing markets which facilitate reliable access to investment financing on the ground, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- And we promote the development of the financial sector while strengthening local capital markets in order to facilitate reliable access to investment financing on the ground, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises. By doing so, we contribute to additional growth effects.
- We use almost exclusively own funds rather than budget funds from the Federal Government.
- We are guided by international standards for environmental and social sustainability.
- We pay particular attention to ensuring that our investments generate positive development impacts in our partner countries. DEG thus contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals.
DEG is sponsoring the fifth Africa Investment Exchange: Power & Renewables meeting at RSA House, 14-15 November 2018.
Support for previous meetings includes: