Africa Investment Exchange: Nairobi
Power & Renewables Executive Briefing
3-4 October 2018
AIX: Nairobi builds on four years of AIX: Power and Renewables meetings, which have brought together project developers, suppliers of off-grid services, policy-makers, established and non-traditional investment sources and other stakeholders to discuss the issues and challenges facing investors in clean energy projects in Africa.
AIX: Nairobi is sponsored by the African Trade Insurance Agency and InfraCo Africa, supported by GreenMax Capital Advisors and the UK Department for International Trade and co-produced by African Energy. Held under the Chatham House Rule and structured through a series of panel-led sessions, the meeting is limited to 90 senior executives and offers a rare opportunity for an in-depth discussion on the issues and challenges facing clean energy projects in East and Southern Africa.
Participants will benefit from exclusive analysis based on African Energy Live Data – our unique platform that combines a range of analytics tools with project level detail of more than 5,000 power plants across the continent that are operating, planned or under construction.
Please note, there are only around 8 places left at the meeting.
Conclusions from these practical discussions will support the broader themes addressed at the fifth Africa Investment Exchange: Power and Renewables in London on 14-15 November.
Confirmed panellists include:
- Eric Mwangi, Economic Advisor to the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Ziria Tibalwa Waako, Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA), Uganda
- Caroline Kimathi, Acting Renewable Energy Director, Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), Kenya
- Nemes Victor Massawe, Manager – Electricity Transmission and Distribution, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), Tanzania
- Patrick Mawala, Manager, Energy Purchase & Regulatory Affairs, Kenya Power and Lighting Company
- David Muthike, Strategy & Business Performance Director, KenGen
- Benon Bena, Head of Off-Grid Renewable Energy, Rural Electrification Agency (REA), Uganda
- Kevin Kariuki, Head of Infrastructure, Industrial Promotion Services
- Simbarashe Mhuriro, Founder and Managing Director, Oxygen Africa
- John Lentaigne, Chief Underwriting Officer, African Trade Insurance Agency
- Judy Raphael, GET FiT Zambia Director, Multiconsult
- Andrew Githaiga, Senior Investment Manager, SunFunder
- John Kimotho, Investment Manager, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
- Richard Warugongo, Principal Investment Officer, IFC
(see all 47 panellists below)