Africa Investment Exchange: Nairobi
Power & Renewables Executive Briefing
3-4 October 2018, Nairobi
Co-produced by African Energy, AIX: Nairobi builds on four years of AIX: Power and Renewables meetings, which have brought together project developers, suppliers of off-grid services, policy-makers, established and non-traditional investment sources and other stakeholders to discuss the issues and challenges facing investors in clean energy projects in Africa.
Held under the Chatham House Rule and structured through a series of panel-led sessions, AIX Nairobi will be limited to 90 senior executives and offers a rare opportunity for an in-depth discussion on the issues and challenges facing clean energy projects in East and Southern Africa.
Conclusions from these practical discussions will support the broader themes addressed at the fifth Africa Investment Exchange: Power and Renewables in London on 14-15 November.
AIX Nairobi panellists include:
- Ziria Tibalwa Waako, Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda
- Caroline Kimathi, Acting Renewable Energy Director, Energy Regulatory Commission, Kenya
- Patrick Mawala, Manager, Energy Purchase & Regulatory Affairs, Kenya Power and Lighting Company
- Elizabeth Njenga, Capital Planning & Strategy Manager, Kenya Electricity Generating Company
- Cliff Aron, Principal, GreenMax Capital Advisors
- Luka Buljan, Managing Director, Berkeley Energy
- Andrew Githaiga, Senior Investment Manager, SunFunder
- Kevin Kariuki, Head of Infrastructure, Industrial Promotion Services
- John Kimotho, Investment Manager, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
- John Lentaigne, Chief Underwriting Officer, African Trade Insurance Agency
- Anthony Mburu, East Africa Powerpack Business Development, Tesla
- Simbarashe Mhuriro, Founder and Managing Director, Oxygen Africa
- Brian O’Hanlon, Director of Business Development, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Ameet Shah, Chairman & Director, Astonfield Solar
- Snehar Shah, Managing Director East Africa, Azuri Technologies
- Sam Slaughter, Chief Executive Office, PowerGen Renewable Energy
- Christian Wright, Head of Development for East Africa, Globeleq
There is a 20% early bird discount which runs until 5 June.
Price payable: £800 plus Kenyan VAT (full price £1,000 plus Kenyan VAT)
For information on sponsorship packages, please contact Nick Carn.
Over the past five years, AIX: Power and Renewables has attracted sponsorship from Actis, AfIDA, Africa Finance Corporation, AIIM, BioTherm Energy, DEG, Denham Capital, DLA Piper, Engie, FMO, Globeleq, InfraCo Africa, Joule Africa, KEDCO, Lumos Global and Winch Energy. Take a look at panellists and participants at AIX: Power and Renewables 2017.
A unique perspective
As a consultant and publisher, CbI has been involved at the heart of the debate surrounding the development of the energy sector in Africa for almost 30 years.
CbI Meetings pairs the extensive regional expertise and source network of CbI’s African Energy with a seasoned events team experienced in producing high-level investment forums and dialogues across the African continent.
As a consultant, CbI has a unique perspective when it comes to understanding the themes and topics that provide the foundations for a vibrant conference agenda and the mix of project stakeholders required to create a lively and engaging panel-led discussion.